Date(s) - Sat 07/05/2016
12:00 am - 2:00 am
Meet At: Morialta climbing area
The Climbing Club of South Australia is organising a Morialta Crag Care event, giving everyone the opportunity to come along and help protect our crag.
Meet at the roadside entrance of the Morialta climbing area at 9:30am Saturday 7th May. We’ll work till 12 and then go for a climb so bring your lunch and climbing gear! Also anyone working at the base of the cliffs will need their helmet. We recommend wearing long trousers & shirts to protect yourself from scratches and sturdy shoes for uneven ground. If you have battery drill and know how to treat olive please let us know if you can bring it along.
What did we achieve in the past 12 months?
- cleared vegetation from the top of Far Crag to make it safer along the access path
- stopped the spread of Cape Tulip through the area above Far Crag and reduced the size of the infestation
- pulled lots of small broom seedlings and popped a few really big ones near the park entrance
- removed huge numbers of olive trees from the entrance and along pathways
- drilled and filled some big old dog rose & hawthorne bushes
- participated in the Morialta Centenary Picnic
- had a site visit from our Rangers, Volunteer Support Officer and District Ecologist who are dead impressed with the work that’s been done
Hope to see you next weekend. This is not an AUMC event, so if you have any questions or would like to attend (it helps to know numbers when providing tools & safety equipment), please contact the Crag Care co-ordinator Liz on firstname.lastname@example.org.